Search

Translate my blog

NOT Recommended !

Still the Best !

My Blog List

Saturday, March 20
Finally decided to start trading again but it wasn't easy from the start. First tennis match Friday evening was Jankovic-Stosur. API and my Internet connection was OK all day. I placed my bet, exposure about £200, watching the game and looks nice. Suddenly The Toy's API status window start showing errors and very slow response time. I checked Betfairs web interface using Firefox....and could not access Betfairs website :( I checked The Geek's forum and it was loading very slow too so my guess was I had a local problem related to my ISP. Lucky enough it was Ok again after 3-5 mins. I managed hedge and was pleased with my position. No more bets in this match. JJ did what she should and it was nice to see Jelena playing great tennis again.

After WTA it was time for 2 ATP games. Roddick-Robredo was very easy one for Andy. Head to head is now 11-0 Andy Roddick with Robredo only taking 1 set from Roddick so far :)
More interesting was second match, Murray-Soderling. I checked their head2head and found last time they played it was 6-1 6-4 to Soderling. But I could not believe this time will be something like this again LOL. I was very disappointed with Murray/s performance. I backed him just when I was sure it was very good value but have to change my position very quick in 1st set, some more bets/scalping in 2nd set and finally was happy with my profit. I had very nice green on Soderling but only £5 on Murray so I decided to place a hedge bet for level profit while Soderling was serving for a match. Believe it or not...Soderling was broken !!! LOL We got tiebreak in 2nd set..No bets during tiebreak, Robin won so I had nothing for my last hedge bet but would be nice to see they play 3rd set.....poor Andy yesterday or maybe overrated ? Robin has now 2 wins in a row against Murray.

Last game of Friday night was 2 polish girls....Sorry but I can not stop thinking about Caroline as a polish girl :) They are very close friends and spend their holidays together before this season started. Caroline was too good and Radwanska lost as I expected.






Final results Friday night:


Men's Singles - Quarterfinals
[6] R Soderling (SWE) d [4] A Murray (GBR) 61 76(4)
[7] A Roddick (USA) d [18] T Robredo (ESP) 63 75


Women's Singles - Semifinals
[2] C Wozniacki (DEN) d [5] A Radwanska (POL) 62 63
[6] J Jankovic (SRB) d [8] S Stosur (AUS) 62 64

and my result


Basketball profit is just something I did while waiting for Caroline-Agnieszka, it was NBA, Rockets-Celtics.

Wish you all good luck and have a nice day ;)

3 comments:

Mark said...

Hi Toy Trader
I was just wondering what sort of contingency plans you have in place for if Betfair had stayed down.
Do you have a Betdaq account and the phone bet numbers etc.
The only reason I ask is that I have not given a lot of thought to that kind of contingency.
Mark

ToyTrader/rockaren said...

Hi Mark,

It is something I still have to think about and work with. I have a BetdaQ account but it's not ready to safe my life if Bf goes down. I have phone numbers and TAN ready for use, but I think its even more dificult for non UK customers. I always have market open in web browser just in case there will be some problems with API and my trading software not usable.

How about you, what are your emergency plans ?

ToyTrader/rockaren

Mark said...

Hi ToyTrader.

I do not have any plans set in stone, thats why I found this post of yours so helpful. believe it or not I had not thought about it.

I do have a Betdaq account and I do have the phone numbers for both. I also have lots of other bookmaker accounts that I could use especially if I was trading the win markets in tennis.

I think I am going to have to give this a lot of thought because if the worst happened it could have a potentially devasting impact on a trading bank.

Thanks again for raising the issue in your post

Good Luck
Mark

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sweden
Trying to make some extra money trading sport markets on Betfair since 2005. Using now The Geek's Toy-The BEST Trading application because it's the best and fastest trading application right now. 14 days FREE TRIAL is available. You should try it. As english is not my mother language please forgive me any spelling and grammar errors;)