Search

Translate my blog

NOT Recommended !

Still the Best !

My Blog List

Friday, February 26
Looking at my total P&L yesterday I should be happy with my result but.....

Trading horses yesterday was more of gambling than trading. Thanx to Betfair again :(

I traded 4 races with no loss and API was OK, next race was going with no problems at all until 1 minut before the off. I was trying to close my position, hedging for an all green and what I see is an error message "Bet in Progress"
So, what to do now ? Nothing happens, can not see my bet in unmatched box, it's not in matched bets list and I still looking at red numbers. I decided to place another bet, this time it was matched immediately, looking good. Just when race started I found something wrong. My both bets were matched !!! I was green on favorite and red on other horses....race is over and I was a loser, -£145  You can guess how it feels, is it trading or gambling ?
Gruss Software has this information on their website,


BET_IN_PROGRESS error affecting international users

There is a problem with Betfair’s API causing bet requests to return a BET_IN_PROGRESS error message. This does not mean that the bet has not been placed but it does mean that Betting Assistant is not able to determine if the bet has been placed. On some occassions the bet isn't placed at all.

When this error is encountered and you place bets that require monitoring, eg. Tick offset and fill or kill it means they will not be monitored and you will see that tick offset bets have not been placed and bets have not been killed.

You will see this error appear in the black bar at the bottom of the screen and also in the transaction log under the account menu.

If you notice that you are getting many of these errors it would be a great help if you could forward a log file to bdp@betfair.com so that they can investigate.


I was using The Toy when this happened to me but I believe it's an API error and no matter which software you are using.

Thanx to tennis and dogs my day ended with nice profit anyway but I hate when such things happens. We are not having fun with playmoney on Betfair markets ! Fix it now Betfair !


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sweden
Trying to make some extra money trading sport markets on Betfair since 2005. Using now The Geek's Toy-The BEST Trading application because it's the best and fastest trading application right now. 14 days FREE TRIAL is available. You should try it. As english is not my mother language please forgive me any spelling and grammar errors;)