Search

Translate my blog

NOT Recommended !

Still the Best !

My Blog List

Tuesday, April 5
Gimeno Traver
The man on the left made ​​me sweat and swear loudly yesterday. He wasn't alone, the other one was Hanescu. I am talking about 1st round match in Casablanca. My money was on wrong player from the start. I thought it was great value backing Hanescu at 1.8. It wasn't !!! Players made this match look like a classic WTA game. Look at stats below. Gimeno-Traver still to win a match this year. Hanescu defeated Gimeno February 15th this year (6-3, 7-6). Yesterday was a nightmare for me. Hanescu lost first set, I am big red. Second set Hanescu is still very poor. I tried to decrease my red, had no idea what to do. Almost going for level red, gambling, testing my luck etc. Intuition says this match can NOT end in 2 sets. There MUST be a third set, are they playing for real or not, if you know what I mean ;) What makes me feel strange is when a favorite looks not interested to win a game ! When a player is not showing any feelings on court while he is making unforced errors like a child on court. Both players ranked about 60 on ATP list. I made a decision to wait for a final 3rd set and just hoping Hanescu takes 2nd set.

Guess what ! I was right ! Happy after Hanescu finally wins second set 6-4. Now trying to hedge for level green on both. Odds jumping like crazy, had to move up my hedging bet a few times. Finally it was done at the start of 3rd set. My total number of matched bets on this market was 32. Now I do NOT want to place any more bets on this crazy match. Maybe 10 mins later we got 4-0 to Hanescu in final set ! 4-0 !!! BIG money matched at 1.01, what happens now ?! From 4-0 to 4-4 LOL What a game it was, money making machine was running but NOT for me. I had bad feelings, odds from 1.01 to +2.0 in no time !

It ended with a profit for me but it could be BIG red. Maybe it was my lucky day or maybe my intuition is not so bad. Anyway, it was more gambling than trading....

Have a look at Gimeno-Traver's stats this year.




This man is traveling around the world just to lose first match and moving on to next tournament. I wonder if he is flying at the moment in economy or business class. I think he "deserved" to fly business LOL

We learn something new every day ......Wish you luck guys !

2 comments:

Betfair Guru said...

And this is why you don't get involved pre-game eh? :-)

You're mad Rock! Bet there were quite a few nervous moments there.

I also had suspicions about this game.

I trusted myself at 1.51 Traver as he looked ready to drop at any time. Then when Hanescu raced to 4-0 and 1.01, his 1st serve stat dropped markedly.

This is one of the major benefits of being able to see the game.

I also trusted my intuition at that stage (1.01!!) and laid him but I jumpoed out at 1.10 as I could never foresee him coming back to 4-4.

A stupid suspicious game and it's not the first massive turnaround this week and I'm sure it won't be the last!!

Well done for holding your nerve!

ToyTrader/rockaren said...

Thanx for comment Bf Guru.

After the game I was mad because I forgot to place a lay bet on Hanescu....1.01...LOL

As I said before..playing with green. In fact I closed market after I got level profit....erhh.... no need to be greedy.
Should be careful trading games like this one...first round in Casablanca....hmm...

Good luck !

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sweden
Trying to make some extra money trading sport markets on Betfair since 2005. Using now The Geek's Toy-The BEST Trading application because it's the best and fastest trading application right now. 14 days FREE TRIAL is available. You should try it. As english is not my mother language please forgive me any spelling and grammar errors;)