Search

Translate my blog

NOT Recommended !

Still the Best !

My Blog List

Friday, June 24
IBM is providing Grand Slam tournaments with live scoring. I was so far very happy with IBM's SlamTracker. First day I started trading Wimbledon matches I was looking after SlamTracker but it wasn't there !!! What happened, am I blind or what's going on ? I found something called PointStream, hmmm...is it useful for me as a trader ? All I need is fast scoreboard when trading games played on courts without live coverage. Yes, PointStream is nice...showing some stats in a nice way but still I want to see all matches played at the moment. Well, the only way is web page showing all games currently in play.
Today it looks like this:




And here is my trading desktop how it used to be with old SlamTracker and trading 4 tennis games at the same time using The Toy.


It makes a BIG difference to me, really...and I found other traders also don't like new PointStream as a replacement. I send a feedback to IBM just to let them know. I am sure they don't care but anyway. If you are like me, please let them know :)

Here is a link to contact IBM......

Here is an answer from IBM to my feedback....

Thanks for your feedback it's very helpful to know what people want on the Web site.

This year we responded to much previous  feedback that Slamtracker had become bloated and for many people a simple, fast delivery of live scores was all that they needed. We were also conscious of the continuing explosion of mobile devices, and wanted to better cater for these,  the majority of which do not support flash which Slamtracker was written in.     Finally, our statistics show that the use of Slamtracker has been reducing from Slam to Slam over the past few years and people are increasingly migrating to the Matches in Progress page.

For 2011 we have created a simple light scoreboard that goes back to basics and  as quick as Slamtracker was.  As a complimentary tool,  PointStream provides a deeper, more analytical  view of  the data, combining historical analysis and  real time statistics. This device is a little slower to update, but  contains a lot of information, including "keys to the match" derived from the predictive analysis of 39 million points across 5 years of slams. This is generating very positive feedback  here in the grounds,  on twitter and through contact forms.. . .

We do understand  and have noted your desire to see the return of an all courts display with  integrated stats. Along with any other feedback we receive, we will  consider this  as we define the development road map.

Thank you again  for taking the time to send us your views



Simple scoreboard they talking about must be this one I guess

Yes, very simple scoreboard showing one match only :(

There is something I do NOT understand. They say:

We were also conscious of the continuing explosion of mobile devices, and wanted to better cater for these,  the majority of which do not support flash which Slamtracker was written in.

Did I missed something ? To me it looks like PointStream is build using Flash !!! Eh...whatever, IBM stuff know what they talking about....My new mobile device has no problem at all with Flash LOL

Good luck traders !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sweden
Trying to make some extra money trading sport markets on Betfair since 2005. Using now The Geek's Toy-The BEST Trading application because it's the best and fastest trading application right now. 14 days FREE TRIAL is available. You should try it. As english is not my mother language please forgive me any spelling and grammar errors;)