Search

Translate my blog

NOT Recommended !

Still the Best !

My Blog List

Friday, June 17
Me and my smartphone
There were no updates to my blog for some time now but to be honest I don't have so much to say about my trading last weeks.

I was focusing on my horse bot which is not very easy task for someone with limited knowledge about Excel, VBA, macros etc.....you know what I mean, right ? :) Anyway, I test my bot every day but still using very low stakes. Day's of testing are not over yet. There is a lot of new things for me these days. Another one is VPS. I ordered a VPS, installed Gruss & Excel and now can have my bot running every day with no need to turn my home PC on. I really like it so far, it makes it possible to setup and control my bot every morning using a smartphone. I use an Android phone with Team Viever installed. I am still not confident enough about my strategy and my bot so I really want to control what's going on through the day ;)



I decided to use my second Betfair account for automated trading. This account is for horse trading only :)

My last 7 days of automated trading looks like this....

76 markets traded....average profit £ 4.3 / race .....As you see nothing very impressive....

Maybe you ask....what about tennis trading ? :) well, I really look forward to Wimbledon starting next week. I have my daytime job to think about but there will be some day's off and lots of trading opportunities. To be honest I was getting very tired watching and trading tennis so many hours every day. Focusing on horse racing and tennis trading at the same time wasn't possible so I got some weeks free from tennis.

I hope you didn't missed "our friend" Vicky Azarenka and her retirement....I know it's getting boring posting about Azarenka and her retirements.

Remember her last match before Roland Garros ? It was retirement against Sharapova in second set. Last match now before Wimbledon and yet again another injury/retirement against Bartoli....so maybe we should put some money on Azarenka to retire in her last tournament before US Open later this year ? :)

Am I a very bad guy when talking about it this way...?

Look what I found after some "googling"


wow...!!! she is a very tough young lady...:)


Do you want to find more about Azarenka and my posts about her ? It's here

And finally an image showing Victoria....we have seen it many times before, I know it !...



Very sad story, Azarenka was one of my favorite players to watch but NOT anymore.

Enough about it...wish you good luck with your trading and try to keep it green as grass on Wimbledon courts :)

6 comments:

asd said...

Hello rockaren,
what do you use for automated trading? Gruss and excel? I want to ask, if the bot do things like a human - I mean, Back, Lay, Hedge...with stop loss and profit target. I want to know if it is "real trading bot" or some kind of automated betting {price<4.2, Back @ 4.0, and that is all}.
Thanks for answer,
Tomas

ToyTrader/rockaren said...

Hi Tom,

Yes, I really try to make my bot acting as a "human" but "he" is still not as smart as I wish LOL

Given some rules it may lay or back and if lucky trade out In-play. Anyway, there is still more to do with it.

I believe automated betting like you said is possible making use of "Conditional Bets" available in Gruss BA.

Good luck to you !

rockaren

bernard said...

hi rockaren,

am still struggling with the greening out on the toy; especially when running multiple markets on my screen; the option offered by the toy is not as efficient - and sometimes has led to some losses as the market starts turning while the green out transaction placed is waiting; any way you could give me some pointers on how i can get better at this?

ToyTrader/rockaren said...

Hi Bernard,

Some time ago I made a post about hedging issues. It's here:

http://toytrader.blogspot.com/2010/06/hedging-is-not-always-easy.html

To be honest I trade using ladder and almost NEVER using grid. Grid is open only to watch and see what's happening on the market. WhenI want to hedge I am doing it on the ladder by click on the P&L column {green or red numbers}. You know what I mean, right ? If still not clear you could watch one of my movies.

http://toytrader.blogspot.com/2010/04/tennis-movie-time.html

Latest version of The Geeks Toy has a new "optimal greening". The Geek says:

Optimal greening on Tennis Markets. Support has been added for cross selection hedging / greening on 2 selection markets. { NB This only works on 2 selection markets & no others. }

In previous versions, hedging was carried out slightly less than optimally on each runner. In this version, by default optimal cross selection greening is applied.

This is mainly for the tennis freaks, and may take a bit of getting used to for most. In this mode in 2 runner markets, your hedge position for the entire market & not just the selection is shown in the green up places on the grid & the ladder, including the Ladder profit and loss column.


btw...I still have this new feature switched off as my Toy is behaving strange when enabled.

I hope it helps you...


Good luck !

asd said...

sir, and what about Market feeder and its excel interface? You still recommend Gruss? thanks for answer

ToyTrader/rockaren said...

Hi Tom,

I did try MarketFeeder Pro and really liked WellDone's idea about triggered betting.

Unfortunately I never used MFP & Excel combo so I am not the right man to talk about it :)

I know they are working on a new version of MFP, v.7, but it takes ages, too bad. I am sure I will go for a test when it's ready.

As for now, yes I still recommend Gruss BA. Ok, maybe Betting Assistant's GUI is not looking very nice, it's quite simple but software works great and Excel integration is great. I am still not a PRO using Excel, VBA and Gruss but am still learning :)

What I found interesting with Bet Angel is ......yeah....training mode. I could have use for training mode when testing my bot just to see if there are any programming errors etc...I hope you know what I mean ....

regards and good luck !

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sweden
Trying to make some extra money trading sport markets on Betfair since 2005. Using now The Geek's Toy-The BEST Trading application because it's the best and fastest trading application right now. 14 days FREE TRIAL is available. You should try it. As english is not my mother language please forgive me any spelling and grammar errors;)