Search

Translate my blog

NOT Recommended !

Still the Best !

My Blog List

Tuesday, October 26


I have no idea how many of you guys are using something like this. My screenshot is showing my desktop last night. I traded NFL and watching it live on ESPN HD.

Maybe my post could inspire some of you, maybe not. Anyway, it's about having access to your digital box at home using web interface. This way you could be anywhere in the world and still watch anything available from your satellite receiver at home.....here I am using my Vu+ Duo box.

Vu+ Duo box is just another Linux based satellite receiver like, maybe more known Dreambox. Using it I have access to most of European TV channels available from 1W to 28E.....

Of course you should pay for your subscriptions !

 And great news for iPhone owners, you can watch all these TV stations on your iPhone just by login to your box placed at your home........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Good job for your blog!

It is easy to configure channels with your box?

How many times is the lag with the live ?

Regards,

JB

ToyTrader/rockaren said...

Hi JB,

Thanx for your comment.
It's extremely easy to configure channels. I know some ppl may be scared reading about "Linux based boxes". It's not as difficult as it sounds. You do NOT have to be a linux expert.

Not sure what you mean when asking about lag with the live....when streaming video to my PC i found there may be 1-2 sec delay compared to what I see on TV at the same time.

regards

Anonymous said...

Hi,

It is the correct answer for me. Thank you

How many cost this digital box ( subscription + installation + material ) by month ?

Do you use card sharing ?

Can you give me websites, forums, to buy this and talk to this please ?

Good luck to your bets

Regards,

JB

ToyTrader/rockaren said...

Hi,

Some info about this box can be found here:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/audio-visual/digital-tv-recorders/vu--duo-698755/review

The price is changing almost every day as for other PC hardware if you know what I mean ;) Good for us.....

One of the forums I am member of is this one:
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forum.php

Some prices available here:

http://www.satstore.co.uk/digirec.htm

For me Vu+ Duo is comparable to much more expensive Dreambox DM 8000. I am still very happy with it. Your monthly cost depends on what cards/subscriptions you need, what country etc...Installation ? No cost at all, everything is done by myself and you could do it also I believe, so easy it is :)

Good luck

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Sweden
Trying to make some extra money trading sport markets on Betfair since 2005. Using now The Geek's Toy-The BEST Trading application because it's the best and fastest trading application right now. 14 days FREE TRIAL is available. You should try it. As english is not my mother language please forgive me any spelling and grammar errors;)